australian doctor who broadcast history
about doctor who on uktv...
- UKTV is the pay-TV channel which features programming from the BBC and FreemantleMedia (Thames and Grundy) on the Foxtel, OptusTV and Austar pay-TV services. Foxtel is available via both cable and satellite in most metropolitan areas. OptusTV is available via cable in most metropolitan areas. Austar is available via satellite in regional areas.
- UKTV is found on:
- channel 20 of the Foxtel cable and satellite services.
- channel 26 of the OptusTV cable service.
- channel 7 of the Austar satellite service.
- Doctor Who was one of the few "launch" shows on UKTV, starting in August 1996.
- Doctor Who aired continuously on UKTV with the exception being three brief breaks, one in 1998, one in later 1999 - early 2000, and the third in late 2001 - early 2002.
- Two complete runs of available Doctor Who stories have been screened, along with a run of selected themed stories, and a Top 10 countdown voted by viewers.
- At the present time UKTV has no plans for subsequent airings of Doctor Who past June 2002.
- Commencing Saturday, October 11, 2003, UKTV will be airing a 40th anniversary "Best Of" collection. Screenings will happen on Saturday mornings from 8am until 12noon. Selected stories will be shown in UKTV's usual "weekend omnibus" format, and will be presented by the voice of UKTV, Katy Manning (Jo Grant).
- UKTV shows all complete stories in more-or-less correct order (there have been some exceptions) as well as the FOX TV Movie.
- When Doctor Who is on UKTV, the usual screening times are:
- Weekdays at 11:30pm (usually one episode, occasionally two)
- Sundays at 7am and Mondays at 1am ("omnibus" screenings - one or two complete stories, each episode separate)
- UKTV places commercial breaks in the screenings. One break around 12 minutes into the episode, and another break between episodes (in the case of weekend "omnibus" screenings). In the case of 45 minute episodes, the break occurs approx 25 minutes into the episode.
search the history...
The history is stored in a database system. Simply select the month and year you wish to browse, and click the Fetch Listings button.