australian doctor who broadcast history
This is an archive of broadcast dates and times of Doctor Who in Australia. Stretching from the first screenings in January 1965 on the ABC; to the most recent screenings on the pay-TV channel UKTV; and now the recent run of screenings on the ABC, the first since 1994.
The archive is still being researched and constructed, as it is a massive task to track down all the details of screenings, especially in the early days, where often, each major television market in Australia (the capital cities and many regional areas) had separate schedules.
Currently, the following information is available:
- details about Doctor Who on UKTV
- a complete UKTV broadcast history from 1996-2002.
- current ABC-TV schedules, with tentative listings up until December 2003.
Thank you to the following people, companies or documents for supplying (or sharing) information used in the screenings database.
- Benjamin Elliott, and his weekly This Week in Doctor Who postings
- Tony Cooke, for compiling the UKTV listings for the 1996-1998
- the Foxtel website and listings magazines for details of UKTV listings from 1999 onwards.
- Kylie Liggins of ABC Marketing, for sharing details of ABC-TV's 2003 screenings
search the history...
The history is stored in a database system. Simply select the month and year you wish to browse, and click the Fetch Listings button.